Monday 23 June 2008

The Inca Empire


I am always fascinated for the Andean cultures, more precisely Peru. I also love the southwestern Peruvian Rainforest where I had the chance to work with Dr. Charles Munn.
A few friends of mine had the privilege of experincing Macchu Picchu, amongst these include Gina, who took Fabricio's pix U see in the ruins of Macchu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas, found only in 1911!!!!
Quichua is the native language which widely spoken also in Cuzco, where I lived for a while and got legless various times at Cross Keys a pub ran by Barrry Walker, my English china and well known ornithologist. But my greatest experience was being with Daniel Blanco at Selva Sur, a conservation organisation based in Cuzco.
Selva Sur has projects protecting tracts of Cloud Forest where one can see Spectacled Bear, Andean Cock of the Rock and Military Macaws. Selva Sur also protects lower rainforests throught ecotourism and runs The Manu Wildlife Center amongst other lodges in South America, including Brazil.
Well done Daniel Blaco and team!!!!
Congrats Fabricio and Gina for the journey!!!