Monday 20 June 2016

My time with Amizade GSL and West Virginia University volunteers

When I was contacted by Lais Amoeba Alexander to organise this day tour I bluntly accepted the mission and I kew it would an easy and fun task. The Idea was a brief visit the meeting of the waters between the Tapajos and Amazon Rivers then explore Maica river. Several Toco Toucans, flocks of short-tailed parrots, rauvcous Festive Amazon, Potoos, Pink Dolphins, Egrets, Herons, Kingfishers, Horned Screamers, Hoatzins and several sloths are on our birdlife list. Lots of other great moments to remember.


Leaving the mother boat to explore the flooded forest




Now deep inside a forest island

Getting back to the boat

Getting there

Saba, my gret friend and local dwellers who took us to teh ebst sites


A little swim to refresh

A Hoatzin and its chick
Group picture of course

My cousin Celso
Buddy Brent



No comments: